S makes this awesome Fried Rice. Feel free to add any other vegetables of your choice, we just like to keep it simple after a long, tiring day.
Olive Oil - 1-2 tsp
Onion - 1
Green Chilly -1
1/2 medium Cabbage - Cut into thin strips
Spring Onions - 1 bunch
Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce (optional)
Brown Rice - 1 cup (Regular White Rice will also work, it's just that we try to be more health conscious as S and I are really gaining weight :-) ..Are you surprised? )
Note: Usually for the brown rice, I place 2 cups of rice with 5 cups of water in the rice cooker in the morning. That way, the rice is perfect to make fried rice in the evening.
1. Heat 1-2 tsp of Olive Oil in a Chinese wok. (S insists that a Wok gives even heating for stir-frying and we must listen to the Master Chef)
2. Add cut Onion and cut Green Chilly to the oil and fry for a minute.
3. Add 3/4 of the cut spring onions and stir-fry for a minute.
4. Now, add the cut cabbage and fry on medium flame for at least 3-5 minutes.
5. Next, add Soy sauce, Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce and salt and pepper according to taste
6. Stir-fry for a few minutes taking care that the vegetables don't become too soft. They should still be a bit crunchy to taste.
7. Add the cooked brown rice to the vegetables and mix well for a few minutes.
8. Finally, add the spring onions as a garnish.