This carrot and corn salad is a favorite at our home as it's tangy and sweet too. It's also a kid friendly salad as most kids love corn as well as carrots and is not spicy. This is my entry to Manjula's Kitchen contest for April 2012 - this is definitely a healthy, colorful spring salad.
- 2 carrots
- 1 11 oz can of whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro ( for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- Peel the carrots and grate them.
- Drain the liquid from the can and wash corn well. Place the corn in a bowl with water and heat for 2 minutes in the microwave. (I prefer to use Green Giant Extra Sweet Niblets as the corn is juicy and sweet.). Let the corn cool.
- Chop the tomato. Peel and chop the cucumber.
- Mix the carrots, corn, tomato and cucumber together in a bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Refrigerate for 1/2 an hour before serving.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts and cilantro and serve.
- You may also add 1 chopped green chili and 1/2 tsp black pepper to the dressing to make it spicy.