Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wilton's Cake Decorating Basics - Class 1


I have been wanting to attend the Wilton's Cake Decorating Classes for a very long time. Somehow, if I had the time it would not fit in my budget and when I had the money I never had the time. Finally, my friend (M.R.) and I decided to try it out at our local Michaels store. We attended our first class yesterday and it was quite interesting. It was a session for 2 hours and the instructor began by discussing various details about baking such as choosing the right pan, how to prepare your pan, etc. Then we were taught how to prepare the Buttercream icing which we would use to decorate our cakes. She then demonstrated how to level, tort, fill and ice a cake. We had very little time left over to actually practice decorating the cookies we had brought to the class. I managed to do only one of them in about 10 minutes. Today, my 5 year old daughter N was so excited and we both had fun decorating our cookies. Here are some pictures of our practice sessions. I was surprised at how well they turned out.



My daughter decorated these with my help

My first attempt at decorating cookies


My daughter wanted her age 5 years on the cookie

Snowflake

My daughter's initials NIS

No comments:

Post a Comment