Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wilton's Cake Decorating Basics - Class 3

I felt that I did better in the third class than the second one. I made a couple of batches of cupcakes and I learned a lot from my mistakes. The first cupcakes I made from a mix and they came out pretty flat and that was probably because I needed to fill the cupcake pan at least 3/4th full. Then, I tried making cupcakes in the toaster oven. These were good but the baking was uneven. Finally, I made vanilla cupcakes from scratch in the oven range and they came out beautifully. We learned how to decorate using drop flowers, swirled flowers, rosettes, shells, pompom flowers, leaves, shaggy mums and icing cupcakes. I enjoyed baking and decorating the cupcakes more than the cake and will probably experiment more with them later. Here are the photos from Class 3.  

Cupcakes decorated with different flowers: Pompom Flower (center), Shaggy Mums (top and bottom right), Mini Rosettes and single Rosette



No comments:

Post a Comment