Sunday, November 19, 2017

New diet from tomorrow

So... I recently found out after my annual physical that I have pre-diabetes  with a Hba1c level of 6.4. (6.5 and above is diabetes). My mom is diabetic and I do not want to follow her footsteps and go down that route.

I feel like I am on a permanent diet for the last 10 years. Low carb , low fat diet, gm doet, hitt intermittent fasting, holding myself accountable... nothing seems to work long term.

So, I have made this commitment to myself. I have let myself go and I have to make myself my priority. I need to be fit by taking care of myself and feel good about me.

My employer offers a health benefit with a company called Virta which promises to help reverse pre-diabetes and I have qualified to join. They offer a nutritional ketosis diet program which is low carb and high fat as well as personalized coaching. I think the coaching will be key in helping me achieve my goals. I may be carb intolerant and insulin resistant as well.

I am going to try to blog as much as possible to capture my progress and hold myself accountable even if it's just a photo and couple of sentences.

I start the diet tomorrow and am prepared by watching educational videos, planninv my meals ans am stocked up with groceries. I weigh 153 Lbs and am 5'4" tall. I am 39 years old and my goal is to reduce pre- diabetes as well as lose 30 Lbs hy my 40th birthday on June 30, 2017. I also promise to take care and maintain a changed lifestyle which does not slip into bad habits and gain that weight back again.

I have been eating like crazy these part couple of weeks trying to get all my favorite foods and cravings in as well. Measured my blood glucose and ketones yesterday and today. Glucose was 179 wnd 181 in fasting begore breakfast. My ketones wete 0.1. Not surprised my glucose is so high but hope it goes down next week.

Ready to start bright and early tomorrow! Need to weigh myself first thing in the morning, then test my blood for glucose and ketones. Then follow my keto diet for the entire day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment